The Cancer Council Western Australia
The Cancer Council Western Australia is a non-government, community supported charity that aims to minimise the effect of cancer on our community through research and education. The Cancer Council also provides people affected by cancer (whether they are patients, carers, family and friends) with support to enhance their quality of life.
- Healthy nutrition brochures and posters
- Eat Smart poster (fruit and vegetables)
- Stay in Shape - BMI and waist circumference poster
- Healthy lifestyle poster
- WA Healthy Business brochure
- GP fact sheets and brochures
- Bowel cancer
- Cancer: Reduce Your Risk – Eating and Moving to Prevent Cancer
- Men’s Health including prostate and testicular cancer
- Workplace services including needs assessment, policy development, education
- Cancer Council Helpline – 13 11 20 Weekdays 8am to 8pm. Enquiries officers and registered nurses at the Cancer Council Helpline are happy to talk to you about any issue relating to cancer.
- WA Healthy Business Program
- Go for 2&5® Program
- Crunch&Sip® Program for primary schools
- PGR Program (Parental Guidance Recommended, child nutrition program)
- Relay for Life
- Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea
- Daffodil Day
- Pink Ribbon Day (breast cancer awareness)
- National Skin Cancer Action Week
Diabetes Western Australia
Diabetes Western Australia is a member based charity founded in 1965 to support people living with diabetes. At that time it was estimated that up to 25,000 people in WA were living with diabetes. Today that number has increased to an estimated 140,000 people in WA. The organisation is dedicated to creating freedom from diabetes through advocacy, research and prevention and by providing diabetes information and education services. They provide services and products to those living with and at risk of diabetes as well as their family, friends and carers.
- Credentialled Diabetes Educators
- Accredited Practicing Dietitians
- Education seminars
- Speakout About Diabetes
- Shop Smart
- Cook Smart
- Living with Diabetes Program - Type 2 diabetes management
Heart Foundation is an independent national, not-for-profit organisation that aims to improve the heart health of Australians and to reduce disability and death due to stroke and blood vessel disease. Heart Foundation promotes and conducts research into the heart and its associated diseases, as well as promoting and influencing heart health behaviour in the community through education and other programs.
Brochures and booklets on the following:
- Heart health
- Women and heart disease
- Healthy eating
- Overweight and obesity
- Healthy weight
Climb To The Top – a workplace and community physical activity challenge in which teams of 10 “climb” Mt Everest during August
- Heart Week
- Go Red for Women
- Doorknock Appeal
Ph: (08) 9388 3343
Heartline: 1300 362 787
Go for 2&5®
The Department of Health’s Go for 2&5® nutrition campaign now managed by The Cancer Council WA and Diabetes WA. Go for 2&5® aims to increase awareness of the need to eat more fruit and vegetables. The campaign targets adults aged 19 - 54, in particular the food purchaser and meal preparer as they have the greatest influence over what their family eats. The fruit and vegetable industry (from horticulture to retail), food service industry and health and education professionals, are secondary target groups.
- Go for 2&5® Logo poster
- Go for 2&5® Vegie man poster
- Go for 2&5® Eat Smart School poster
- Go for 2&5® Campaign Information Bulletin.
- Go for 2&5® Pamphlet
- Go for 2&5® Consumer Guide
- Go for 2&5® Recipe booklet
- Go for 2&5® Have you had enough fruit and vegies today? Pamphlet
- Go for 2&5® Eat Smart school recipe booklet
The Department of Health’s Crunch&Sip™ nutrition campaign is now managed by The Cancer Council WA and Diabetes WA. Crunch&Sip™ is a program aimed at primary schools which encourages children to eat fruit and drink water everyday. Schools implement a formal break to allow students to eat fruit or salad vegetables and drink water in the classroom.
- Crunch&Sip™ poster
- Crunch & Sip™ pamphlet
Nutrition Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that aims to promote the health and wellbeing of all Australians, through providing nutrition information and to encourage Australian’s to consume a healthy variety of food and be physically active.
- Nutrition training, presentations and seminars
- Industry consultations
- General nutrition advice
Phone: (08) 6304 5096
The Australian Guide to Healthy Eating
The Australian Guide to Healthy Eating is a newly developed national and contemporary food guide for Australians which reflects the multicultural nature of the population and which is relevant for all sectors of the food system to use as a nutrition, education and information tool. The Guide is based on widely accepted scientific principles.
- The Consumer’s Booklet
- Background Information for Nutrition Educators
- Promotional Brochure
- A4 Poster – Enjoy a variety of foods every day
Phone: 1800 020 103 (ext 8654)
Address: National Mailing and Marketing PO Box 7077 Canberra Mailing Centre ACT 2610